Serve at our Night to Shine SHINE-THRU
We are still having Night to Shine this year but due to COVID-19 it is going to look a lot different this year. We are still planning a fun event! Since we cannot hold the usual NTS prom in the building, we are planning a “Shine-Thru”, which will be a reverse parade, on Feb. 12 at 5:30 pm. The guests will remain in their cars and drive along the parade route around the church, enjoying a variety of entertainment. The paparazzi will cheer as each guest’s name is announced on the “red carpet”. There will be music, special guests, and groups to entertain them as they drive along. They will be sent off with a great gift bag and will be encouraged to watch the Tim Tebow Foundation virtual prom event when they return home.
Many of the activities in which our guests might usually participate have been canceled over the last several months. This is an opportunity to give them something to look forward to and to celebrate them. But we need your help to pull this off!
There are 3 ways to serve
- Be a Buddy! We would still like to have a “buddy” for each guest, to make them feel special. The duties of the buddies will be different this year.
- We ask you to contact the parent/caregiver of your guest to tell them about the event and make sure they have the link to the virtual event. We also ask that you would send an encouraging note to the guest.
- “Shine” their yard the night before or the day of the event. We will provide signs to place in their yard, making them feel extra special.
- We ask that you attend the event and cheer for them at the parade. Must register HERE.
- Be a part of our Paparazzi! Come cheer on our special guests. Must register HERE.
- Help Decorate. Email email@example.com
If you know of a Mardi gras Krewe that might want to come to participate or any other entertainment please email firstname.lastname@example.org